Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Author's Poetry Moment-

                                    'Fairytale Dream' Poem © Linda Maran
I looked all about me in this magical land,
with crystal clear hilltops
and multicolored sand.
I began laughing and dancing
and twirling around.
Then hundreds of pink butterflies
swept me from the ground.
"Where are we going?" I asked them in breathless surprise.
"To the Prince of Stardust Mountain,
between sundown and sunrise."
And so it was, the Prince and I,
on some unnamed planet in the sky.
We went to the rainbow festival
they held there each year.
With glittering dragonflies and hummingbirds everywhere.
He gave me white satin slippers
to put on my feet,
And sweet wine glazed oranges for me to eat.
We were dancing and singing under star-studded skies,
when morning sent her cool breeze upon me to open my eyes.
(puff!)

No comments:

Post a Comment