Total Pageviews

Friday, September 6, 2013

Thinking Out The Ongoing Plot-

    I might have mentioned a snippet of this in another post, but lately, I'm finding that a better way to move along my plot without sitting for hours before the computer, is to think it all out in my mind. Usually while lying in bed or taking my daily walk. I even have the characters interacting...who says what to who. I can "see" them in my mind. (Yes, we writers are an odd bunch at times.)
 
  For me, it ends up as if I'd watched a movie. And when I watch a good movie, I always remember it. Well, it's the same with my thought-out plot.
  
Afterward, I can't wait to get to the computer and move the story along. It's like taking dictation from the scenes I see in my head. I love the 'rush' I get when it works out that way. 
Of course, there are days that I can't get past that exciting climax in the plot...and it's like being stuck in rewind each time...but then the mechanism gets unstuck and the plot moves on once again.



"A story to me means a plot where there is some surprise. Because that is how life is - full of surprises."
Isaac Bashevis Singer

No comments:

Post a Comment